The Society offers:
- Journal of the American Liszt Society (JALS), published annually
- The American Liszt Society Newsletter, published biannually
- Annual ALS Festivals
- ALS Archives at the Library of Congress
- Local Chapters in various geographical areas
- Publication opportunities in JALS
- Performance opportunities in festivals and in chapter activities
- Paper presentation opportunities at festivals
- Host concerts in the home
- Networking and mutual support among performers, scholars, and music lovers dedicated to the ideas and ideals of Franz Liszt
The 2014 annual conference and festival of the American Liszt Society will take place June 6 - 8, 2014 on the campus of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Headlining the presenters will be the noted Liszt authority and scholar, Alan Walker, and pianist James Tocco. Registration is available ONLY online at ALS Conference 2014 Registration. For more information about the festival, please go to 2014 ALS Conference and Festival. An updated schedule, which supersedes that published in the most recent ALS Newsletter, is now available at 2014 ALS Conference and Festival.
Michael Lewin releases two new recordings.
Kris Becker wins MTNA Distinguished Composer of the Year Award!
Horst Förster Receives Leipzig Medal of Honour.
The most recent issue of the Newsletter (Vol. 29 No. 2), the first of two 50th-anniversary commemorative
issues, was mailed February 18, 2014. US members will
receive the Newsletter via bulk rate mail; Canadian and International members will receive the
Newsletter by first-class mail. You may access the Newsletter immediately by going to
Newsletter Volume 29 Number 2. The issue includes more details about the 2014 Conference and Festival, as well as
interviews with three principals of the Liszt Museum and Liszt Academy in Budapest.
If you have not received your copy, please contact Justin Kolb.
The deadline for the next issue of the ALS Newsletter, the second 50th-anniversary commemorative issue, is Monday, June 30, 2014.
NY/NJ Chapter and Yamaha Artist Services of NYC presented pianist Jeremy Jordan in a concert of classics and jazz on Thursday, January 16.
(The facebook page for this event may be accessed by left clicking here: Jeremy Jordan.) A review of the concert may be found
in the most recent copy of the ALS Newsletter.
Last updated Friday, March 21, 2014.