The Society offers:
- Journal of the American Liszt Society (JALS), published annually
- The American Liszt Society Newsletter, published biannually
- Annual ALS Festivals
- ALS Archives at the Library of Congress
- Local Chapters in various geographical areas
- Publication opportunities in JALS
- Performance opportunities in festivals and in chapter activities
- Paper presentation opportunities at festivals
- Host concerts in the home
- Networking and mutual support among performers, scholars, and music lovers dedicated to the ideas and ideals of Franz Liszt
2016 ALS Conference in Northridge, CA, June 2 - 5.
The next ALS Conference and Festival will take place June 2 - 5, 2016, on the campus of California State
University, Northridge, with host Dr. Dmitry Rachmanov. For more information and online registration, please see the ALS Festival website, which includes the opportunity to register online.
In Memoriam: Maurice Hinson, 1930 - 2015
Maurice Hinson, noted teacher, author, editor, pianist, organist, administrator, recipient of the American Liszt Society Medal, and holder of the Liszt Commemorative Medal awarded by the Hungarian Government, died November 11, 2015. Maurice was the founding editor of the Journal of the American Liszt Society (JALS). An appropriate tribute to this great musician and fellow Lisztian will follow shortly in the next issue of the ALS Newsletter. For additional biographical information, please see Maurice Hinson obituary.
Liszt-Garrison Festival and International Piano Competition Announces Winners in 2015 Event!
The Liszt-Garrison Festival and International Piano Competition recently concluded, and the Winners Liszt is now available. For a detailed summary, please go to Liszt-Garrison website, and also see a Liszt/Garrison revised flyer.
San Francisco Chapter Announces 2016 Activities
The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter announces upcoming events for spring 2016. These will include
a presentation by Chapter President William Wellborn on historic recordings of Liszt's students,
and the annual Young Pianists Play Liszt concert at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music (April 16, 2016).
The chapter will co-sponsor, along with Old First Concerts, a concert by Hungarian pianist Peter Toth at Old First
Church on Sunday March 6, 2016.
The deadline for the current issue (Vol. 31 No. 2) of the Newsletter was December 15, 2015. The current issue of the Newsletter will be mailed the week of February 1, 2016.
The current issue of the Newsletter will be mailed the week of February 1, 2016.